Central Government Health Schemes (CGHS) provides health insurance benefit specifically hospitalization, domiciliary procedure and OPD to central government employees, pensioners and their dependents.
This scheme has been active for 6 decades and has covered more than 35L employees and pensioners in 71 cities all over India.
Domiciliary care, as well as Hospitalization, are covered as per this scheme’s terms and conditions. This scheme covers Allopathy and Homeopathy as well.
The main components of the plan are:
- The dispensary services including domiciliary care.
- F. W. & M.C.H. Services.
- Specialist’ consultation facility at dispensary, polyclinic and hospital.
- Level including X-Ray, ECG and Laboratory Examinations.
- Organization for the storage, purchase, supply of medicines and distribution and other requirements.
- Health Education to beneficiaries.
Central Government Health Schemes Facilities
- OPD Treatment including issue of medicines.
- Specialist Consultation at Polyclinic or Government Hospitals.
- Indoor Treatment at Govt. and Empanelled Hospitals.
- Investigations at Govt. and Empanelled Diagnostic centers.
- Cashless facility available for treatment in empanelled hospitals, diagnostic centers.
- Reimbursement of expenses for treatment availed in Government or Private Hospitals under any emergency.
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred for purchase of hearing aids, artificial limbs etc. as specified.
- Family Welfare, Maternity and Child Health Services.
- Medical consultation and dispensing of medicines in Homeopathy, AYUSH (Ayurveda Unani and Siddha system of medicines).
Central Government Health Schemes Hospitals
|Name of the Hospital,|
Address and Tel. No.
Facilities in PDF
|Ranchi and Dhanbad|
CGHS Application Form
CGHS Covered Cities
7 Allahabad (Prayagraj)
Delhi & NCR: Delhi,
Greater Noida, Noida,
69 Varanasi (Benaras)
70 Tiruchirapalli (Trichy)
Source – Government of India