What is Currency Trading in Zerodha? How to Trade the USDINR?
Trade the USDINR in Zerodha
In our previous article, we have already learned about currency trading and in which currencies you can trade in India. Therefore, today we will cover How to Trade the USDINR in Zerodha? It’s a very important thing to do when you’re going to trade on Zerodha. But before you start trading have you activated the Currency segment or not. To trade in Currency on NSE/BSE your currency segment should be activated then only you can trade in currencies. Before we let you know how you can activate the segment of Currency trading and begin with trading let’s do a recap of Currency Trading.
What is Currency Trading in Zerodha?
As the name suggests currency trading, means you always need to deal in pair of currencies while trading in this market. This market involves participants from around the world. Under the Indian scenario to trade in the currency market, is to take a position on a currency pair. Currently, you can trade in currency derivatives in form of futures or options contracts instead of stocks. Most importantly, the only pair of currencies available for trading in India are USDINR, EURINR, JPYINR, or GBPINR. For instance, the INR/USD rate represents the number of Indian rupees required to buy one US Dollars. If you think the US Dollar price will increase in value against INR, you buy US Dollars with Indian Rupee. In India, futures are the preferred ways of trading in the currency market.
Few things you should know before you kick start your trading in currencies on Zerodha:
- You should be aware of your risk appetite and risk tolerance as it’s key to forex trading so you know set your limit before you start.
- In India, you can trade in currency pairs only so it’s best to specialize in one currency pair first to understand the dynamics of currency movement. Once you excel then you can unfold other pair of currencies in your foray.
- Start with small amount and small lot. Once you start booking the profits by understanding the movement in prices you can start taking bigger risk.
- Avoid indulging in overtrading or doubling up positions. When you overtrade you endup paying only to broker instead of making profits. Secondly when your position goes wrong you try to average out your position hence you double up your mistakes.
- You need to understand how the currencies moves and the factors which determines the currency movement.
How to Trade the USDINR in Zerodha?
Time needed: 1 minute.
Here are the simple steps involved in buying or selling Currency in Zerodha. So let’s get started
- Open the Zerodha App on your device
To start with trading you can use Kite login either on mobile or on desktop as per your convenience.
Key in your Username, Password followed with a Pin.
- Add Contracts to your Watchlist
Type the currency pair name in the universal search bar tab on Kite App. For example, if you type USDINR you will see all available contracts in the dropdown. To add them to a watchlist just click on the sign “+” and it will add to a watchlist.
- Analyze the Key details of the Contract
For currency, the expiry date is usually on Friday or one day prior if it’s a holiday so you need to square off your position before the expiry of the position before 12:30 pm. It’s better to trade in intraday in the currency this market is quite volatile.
- Click on the Buy option
Once you have analyzed the contract, you can click on the Buy option and fill in your order details. It’s better to do intraday trading in currency and in case you like to limit the contract then enter the limit price and swipe to buy. At the bottom of the screen, you can see to buy one lot you need to maintain a margin of 1730 Rs. In a day if the price reaches Rs.74.3 then only it will execute by 5 pm or else it will cancel on its own.
- Similarly, you can place Sell Order:
Fill in your order details and click on a Sell order. You need to choose the quantity, limit price, or market price in case want to buy a contract at the ongoing rate.
- Order Placed
Once you swipe Buy or sell, depending upon the limit price, it will send the order to exchange for execution. By day end, your limit price strike then only order will execute or else it will stand to cancel.
Hope you like this article to start your journey with the Currency market and we making your life a little easy with this simple & detailed article.
Today’s New IPO Listing – How to Choose Best IPO for Investment?
Face Value in IPO
Lot Size in IPO – How to Calculate Lot Size? | Can I Modify IPO Lot Size?
Book Built Issue IPO
Price Band in IPO – How is the Price Band of an IPO Decided?
Undersubscribed IPO – What Happens if the IPO is Undersubscribed?
Listing Gains in IPO
Types of Investors in IPO – What is the difference between RII, NII, QIB & Anchor Investors?
How Many Lots Can We Buy in IPO to increase the chances of an allotment?