What is Amazon Pay Later EMI Scheme?
In this article, we will discuss How to use the Amazon Pay Later EMI option while choosing the payment during checkout on Amazon. Amazon offers a pay later option which is a hassle-free and quite convenient option to get instant credit via a completely digital process. Amazon pays India Private Ltd got into the partnership with Capital float /Karur Vysya Bank. Subsequently, it offers a pay later or pays EMI option.
Amazon India has rebranded the Amazon Pay EMI option as Amazon Pay later but both are the same in terms of the offering. Customers can opt for this facility by simply registering on Amazon India by verifying their KYC to check their eligibility.
Here are the key benefits which you can avail of as a customer:
- You’re not require to pay immediately for the purchase.
- Credit Card details are not required to avail of this option.
- You will get instant information of credit limit by the lender
- No processing fee on availing of this option.
- In case you would like to close the deal sooner you can preclose without any penalty.
- You can track your expenses and repayments on the EMI-specific dashboard.
- No cancellation charges are applicable if want to opt-out from this option.
- Option available on order above Rs.3000/-
- Currently this option is available only on Amazon Mobile App.
In order to avail Amazon Pay Later or Amazon Pay EMI option you need to fulfill the below criteria:
- You need to have an account with Amazon India with a verified mobile number.
- You must be at least 23 years of age or above.
- Need to have PAN and bank account with one of the listed banks with Amazon.
- Should hold officially valid address proof such as Voter ID card, Aadhar, Driving License, Utility Bill not older than 60 days or a passport.
Based on the above-outlined criteria and information available with Amazon via Credit Bureau History. As a result, the lending partner will decide whether to offer you a credit limit or not. If yes then what should be the credit limit they can offer you.
How to Use Amazon Pay Later EMI?
Time needed: 1 minute
Let’s check out the steps to register for Amazon Pay Later and determine the credit limit:
- Open Amazon App on your Mobile
Search for Amazon App on your Mobile and click on three bars on the right corner of the APP.
- Choose Pay option
Now choose the Pay option followed by Amazon Pay Later tab. Further, click on Sign-up in 60 seconds.
- Enter Your PAN and DOB
Key in your PAN, DOB, and tick the agreed button for terms and conditions to fetch your KYC from CERSAI.
- Verify your details and give OTP-based verification of Aadhar.
Please enter your Aadhar Number and click on Agree & Continue.
- Enter the OTP
Now enter the OTP is received on a registered mobile number with Aadhar Records and click on Continue.
- Limit Displayed
Post determining your KYC and credit history if meeting the criteria, Your Amazon Pay Limit will be displayed. In addition, this will be the initial credit limit sanctioned and same be extended based on the usage and repayments. After that, click on agree & Continue.
- Set up auto repayment
Choose your bank from the dropdown and repayment mode either debit card/net banking.
- Enter your account number
Firstly enter your account number followed by the account holder’s name and click on verify and continue.
- Registration Successful
Post clicking on continuing it will redirect to your Bank page for signing e-mandate followed by OTP Verification. Further you will a Congratulation message on your screen.
- How to make payment using Amazon Pay Later
Select the product eligible for Amazon Pay Later let’s say a mobile or television. On the payment select the EMI option under which Amazon Pay later option would be visible. Choose the same with EMI option of next month, 3/6/9/12 months, and click on Place Order.
Currently, you can opt for next month’s pay or choose the 3/6/9/12 months option that comes with interest cost. Above all, it will be displayed on the payment page. However, if there are any promotional offers going on with No EMI Cost then you can save on interest costs. The maximum purchase limit one can get using Amazon Pay later is Rs.60000 but it is solely determined on your credit history.
In case you delay the payment on due dates so lender levies penalties which are as follow: