NHAI Capital Gain Bonds
An Indian taxpayer who wishes to claim the exemption from LTCG i.e. Long-Term Capital Gains has to invest the money in the capital gains bonds within 6 months from the date of booking Capital Gains. It is possible by investing the capital gain amount in specific bonds, also known as 54 EC or Capital Gains Bonds. However, these bonds do not allow any tax exemption on STCG i.e. Short Term Capital Gains tax.
The bonds that are specified under Capital Gain Bonds are issued by the NHAI i.e. National Highways Authority of India. NHAI Capital Gain Bonds come with the highest credit rating i.e. CRISIL AAA/Stable by CRISIL Ltd.
The key features of these bonds are:
|Issued by||National Highways Authority of India|
|Registrar||Beetal Financial & Computer Services (P) Ltd.|
|Investment Option||Online or Offline.|
|Eligibility||Any individual, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), approved institution and non-resident Indian (NRI), can invest in these bonds provided certain conditions are met.|
|Mode of Holding||Physical or Demat.|
|Issue price||INR 10000/- per Bond|
|Minimum investment||One Bond|
|Maximum investment||500 Bonds|
|Transferability||Non-transferable and Non-negotiable|
|Lock in Period||5 Years|
|Maturity||At par, 5 years from Deemed Date of Allotment|
|Interest payment||Annually On 1st April and Final Interest at the time of Maturity.|
|Rate of Interest||5.00% annually|
|Tax Benefit||SEC 54 EC|
How to Buy NHAI Capital Gain Bonds Online?
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Follow the steps given below for applying for bonds online.
- Application Form
You could invest online in NHAI Capital Gain Bonds using the below link.
- Mode of Holding
You could select to opt between Demat and Physical mode. However, in case you wish to hold bonds in Demat form, select the “Demat Mode” and enter your Demat account details.
- Document Upload
You can upload the following document for verification.
1. Cancel Cheques of your bank account for remitting interest or redemption amount.
2. Self-attested copy of Pan Card as well as Address proof.
- Online Payment
Make the online payment through debit card / net banking to finally complete the transaction. The
effective date of investment would be the date of credit of funds in the issuer’s bank account.
- Forms must be accompanied by either a cheque or a DD i.e. demand draft, drawn in favor of “National Highways Authority of India” and crossed “Account Payee Only”. However, cheques or DDs must be drawn on any registered bank including a Co-operative Bank, which is a member of the Banker’s Clearing house, located at the place.
- The PAN no. should be mentioned in the Application Form. A self-certified copy of PAN card, Adhar card and certified copy of address proof of 1st Applicant and one canceled cheque should be submitted along with the application form.
- The application form can be deposited at any branch of UBI i.e. Union Bank of India, HDFC Bank & IndusInd Bank, and designated branches of IDBI Bank, Canara Bank, ICICI Bank, and Axis Bank.
NHAI Capital Gain Bonds Allotment Status
Investors could check the status of the application from the below link. Usually, it takes 10-15 working days
for the status to get updated in the below links.
|Name & Address of Registrar & Contact Person||Telephone Number and Email IDs|
|M/s Beetal Financial & Computer Services Pvt Ltd 99, Beetal, House, Nr. Harsukhdas Mandir, Behind Local Shopping Centre Madangir, New Delhi-110062|
Contact Person: Sh. Anil Pal & Sh. S.P. Gupta
|What is the difference between Bond and Equity?||NPS vs PPF: NPS vs APY|
|What is the difference between Bond and Debenture?||SGB vs FD|
|RBI Bonds 2021 vs Tax Saving Fixed Deposits vs SGBs|