SBI Loan Against FD : Interest Rate | Features | Benefits | Online | Repayment
Everyone requires loans for many reasons like home, vehicles, education, etc. Then avail SBI loan against FD without breaking your fixed deposit.
This initiative is quite favorable for the ones, who are looking to avail a loan as the rate of interest is quite low when compared to other types of loans that exist in the financial sector.
Features & Benefits
- FD holders can avail of loans up to 90% of the value of the FD. therefore, the higher the deposit amount in the SBI FD, the better the chances of securing substantial funds as a loan as and when the need arises.
- Two types of loans are available: Overdraft Facility and Demand Loan.
- Zero processing charges and Enjoy no prepayment penalties.
- The minimum amount of Loan as of now (For Online Overdraft against FD) : Rs 25000.
- The maximum amount of Loan as of now (For Online Overdraft against FD): Rs 5 Crore. Security Lien on underlying fixed deposit.
- Security Lien on underlying FD.
SBI Loan Against FD Interest rate
- SBI promise for Low-interest rates. Additionally, SBI charges interest on an everyday reducing balance.
- Interest Rate: 1% above the relative FD rate.
- SBI gives a 0.25% interest rate concession if availed via the YONO app or Internet banking.
How Loan against FD work?
You need the amount for 1 month due to an emergency.
It is common to charge interest at (Fix deposit rate + x) % p.a.
Let us assume that in your condition, x= 3.
Thus, the loan rate will be (12+3) % p. a. = 15% p.a.
That is 1.25% per month.
Since the money that you need is Rs 600,000, you will borrow only that much. Since you will be getting it back after a month, the period of your borrowing is 1 month.
So, the interest expense for you turns out to be Rs 7,500 (600000*0.0125)
All this while, your deposit shall stand intact and you shall continue to earn the Rs 10,000 per month thereon till the end of the period.
For this borrowing, you need not furnish any security for your money (of a greater sum) is already with them. If you default on this loan of Rs 600,000, then they can always recover it from your deposit of Rs 1,000,000.
Single or joint account customers holding SBI’s FD are allowed to avail of this loan.
Single-account customers can also get an overdraft facility via internet banking (INB) against their Term Deposit Receipt (TDR) and Special Term Deposit Receipt(STDR).
This can simply be done online for which depositors need to open an overdraft account.
In a condition of a joint account, each and every holder has to approve the loan request before the request is processed by the SBI.
In a condition, the request application is not signed by even one of the holders, the SBI can cancel the application and the loan would not be sanctioned.
SBI Loan against Tax Saver Fixed Deposit
As of now, the Overdraft(OD) facility cannot be availed against the following plan:
- Tax Saving Deposit.
- NRE TDR/ STDR.
How to Take SBI Loan against FD Online?
Steps to online apply for a loan against the fixed deposit account are stated below:
- The Customer to visit SBI authorized website and log in using credential.
- Click on e Fixed Deposit option from the bar menu at the top of the page.
- Overdraft(OD) against Fixed Deposit is available under the e-Fixed Deposit tab.
- Deposits held by the applicant shall display on the FD page.
- Select the one against which overdraft is to be drawn then click on proceed.
- Check the OD amount available, applicable SBI interest rate and expiry date and then click on ‘Submit’ bottom.
SBI Loan against FD – Repayment
The repayment schedule will be fixed and it is depending upon the repayment capacity for loans taken via branches.
The maximum Repayment period has been capped at Five years against STDR (Special Term Deposit Receipt) or e-STDR and Three years against TDR (Term Deposit Receipt) or e-TDR respectively for Overdraft availed online.