Tanishq Gold Saving Scheme
Tanishq is the largest, most desirable, and fastest-growing jewelry brand in India. Starting in August 1992, Tanishq is the jewelry business group of Titan Industries Ltd – promoted by the TATA group. Tanishq’s first store opened in 1996.
Tanishq has been operating two gold saving schemes – Golden Harvest and Swarna Nidhi scheme for many years.
Gold Savings Scheme to enable you to buy some Gold without having to pay a lump sum in one go.
This plan is Gold Savings Schemes and not Gold Investment Schemes. However, there are certain pros and cons of such schemes, and you should keep them in mind before deciding to put your amount in them.
These are mostly business model that ensures sales and is a strategic initiative.
Check here how to enroll in the Golden Harvest/ Swarnanidhi program and open a new account.
Note: There may be changes in the schemes, hence confirm with the retailers before you save through them.
Documents Required for Tanishq Gold Saving Scheme
The subscriber must provide any one of the following documents:
- Ration card
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Voter ID card
However, original identity proof is required at the time of closure of the same person who had purchased the scheme.
Golden Harvest Scheme of Tanishq
Golden Harvest Scheme is a smart and secure way to purchase the gold of your choice.
Under this plan, you are simply needed to deposit a monthly sum which can be later utilized to buy the gold jewellery of your choice at a subsidized rate.
In other words, the key reason for this scheme is to facilitate customers to set aside amounts so that they can buy jewellery at a later date with a discount.
Let us check the features of the scheme.
|Scheme Name||Golden Harvest Scheme|
|Eligibility||Anybody above 18 years of age|
|Account||Through online or App or by visiting the nearest Tanishq showroom (offline).|
|Minimum Investment||INR 2000/-|
|Maximum Investment||Multiples of INR 1000/-|
*Mandatorily close the account within 400 days from the date of opening.
|Refund||No cash refund shall be permissible.|
|Payment||Offline – through cash, cards, ECS, PDCs at showrooms.|
Online – through Tanishq website or Golden Harvest App using your cards, net-banking.
|Benefits||1. Discount of up to 75% of the jewellery value upon buy through this scheme.|
2. Flexibility to select the amount of money for depositing.
3. The subscriber can club your Harvest discount at the end with any ongoing offers at Tanishq at that time.
Also Read Joy Alukkas Gold Scheme – Review
|Enrolment||Maturity||Installment per month||Discount on Jewellery||% of monthly installment|
|1st Jan 2020||1st Jan 2021||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1500/-||75%|
Tanishq Golden Harvest Scheme Refund
- The subscriber will have the option to pre-close the Plan only if the Customer has paid a min of 6 monthly installments and after completion of 180 days from the Enrolment Date.
In the event of such pre-closure, the subscriber may buy jewellery at the Tanishq Store equal to the value of the installments accumulated in his/her account as of that day.
On the other hand, subscribers may seek a refund of the amount aggregating to the installments paid by the subscriber until the date of refund.
The Subscriber will be provided with the prorated discount voucher that the Subscriber can utilize to buy jewellery from the Company for the full value of the installments paid.
Although in the event the Subscriber has not paid the requisite min 6 monthly installments, the Subscriber will not be eligible for any discount/discount voucher.
- In case the Subscriber does not redeem within 400 days, he/she will be refunded with the aggregate installment amount paid by the Subscriber until the date of the refund.
A discount voucher for the applicable discount amount will be provided which can be utilized only to buy jewellery from the Company of a value that is equal to or greater than the full value of installments paid.
- Refunds under the scheme, if any, will be made by way of cheque in the name of the account holder as specified in the Enrolment Form or by online transfer to the bank account as specified in the Enrolment Form, and no cash refund shall be permissible.
Tanishq Golden Harvest Scheme Complaints
- All India toll-free number 1800-258-2598 between 10 AM and 10 PM (IST) on all 7 days or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tanishq, Titan Company Limited, INTEGRITY, No.193, Behind D Mart, Veerasandra, Electronic City PO, Off Hosur Main Road, Bangalore – 560100
- Disputes if any will be subject to the Courts in Bangalore jurisdiction only, to the exclusion of any other court’s jurisdiction.
- In case of any change in existing laws, rules, Acts, etc. by any regulatory authority, the Company reserves the right to make such modifications/change/suspend/discontinue the Plan suitable to the change of law and necessary requirements as per the same have to be complied with by the account holder.
Tanishq Swarnanidhi Scheme
The SwarnaNidhi Scheme(SNS) is another plan from the Tanishq.
According to the information, It is a flexible scheme that has a tenure of 8 months of gold booking scheme.
However, it helps to protect the subscriber against surging gold prices.
The scheme allows the customer to pay the installment amount on any date of the month.
It also permits one to pay a flexible or fixed amount every month and one can pay any number of installments in a month.
Let us check the key features of the scheme.
- The subscriber can save up for the gold jewellery, and buy it by setting aside an amount each month.
- The subscriber can save and have a corpus for a gold purchase in the future.
No limit on the number of installments made during the term of the plan.
- At the time of enrollment, subscribers will have to provide some documents like an Aadhaar card or any other identification document.
Taxation on Tanishq Gold Saving Scheme
A Goods and Service Tax (GST) of 3% on the value of jewellery along with the charges related to making.
The Bottom Line
These plans may not be perfect for you if your sole purpose of buying gold is from an investment perspective.
In such a case, you can opt for Sovereign Gold Bond (SGBs) or Gold Exchange-Traded Fund (ETFs).
Physical gold investments can be made in coins or bars which do not entail making charges.
Click here to look more at different types of buying gold.
Source – Tanishq